We’re stoked to share our favorite story of the week from our pals at PureWow!
While we’re all for using good table manners (and occasionally judging those who don’t), there are days when we just want to dig in and get our hands dirty. Today happens to be one of those days, which is why we’re cooking lettuce wraps for dinner. This sister to the taco takes about the same amount of prep. Sauté and season the meat, then scoop it into crisp leaves of Boston lettuce. Top it off with simple homemade pickles and a touch of hot chiles, and you’ll be glad you gave cutlery a rest.
Quick Pickled Cucumbers
- 1 European cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch scallions (use the other half for the lettuce wraps)
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil