Try different mixes and soda flavors to find your favorites. “I made this cake for Easter using a white cake mix and a can of diet grape soda. It was a hit!”
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
- 1 package (18.2 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 c. fat-free egg substitute
- 1 c. diet ginger ale
- 2 c. thawed fat-free frozen whipped topping
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 325Â°F or as the package directs. Coat a 13″ x 9″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Step 2Place the cake mix in a large bowl and stir in the oil, egg substitute, and soda until well blended. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Step 3Bake according to the package directions. Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely on the rack.
- Step 4Place the cake on a serving plate and frost the top or top and sides with the whipped topping.