Have you always wanted to try cauliflower rice, but are afraid there will not be enough flavor? Try my Saffron Cauliflower Rice with Rainbow Vegetables. It is easy to make, Weight Watchers friendly and so delicious. Make as a healthy side or add your choice of protein for an entree. —jodiloves
small red onion, chopped
garlic cloves, minced
medium orange pepper, chopped
sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
pinch of saffron threads
green olives, chopped in half
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
pinch of paprika
- To prepare your saffron threads, rub them between your fingers to slightly crush. Add the saffron to hot vegetable broth and allow to steep like you would tea and set aside until you are ready to use.
- Over medium heat add oil to large cast iron pan. Add onions and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add peppers and sun-dried tomatoes to pan and cook for 4 more minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Wipe out pan and return to medium heat.
- Add cauliflower rice, vegetable broth and saffron mixture to the pan and cook until liquid is cooked off, about 20 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper if needed.
- Add mixture cauliflower rice to a serving bowl and top vegetables and green olives, paprika and parsley.